Ruona Onakpoya holds a Master’s degree in Law from Nottingham Trent University, UK.Ruona is working towards a PhD degree in Human Rights law. She is the Public Relations officier for CAF4G in Nigeria. She is passionate about education of women and children.
- Ruona holds a Bachelor’s degree in Law and is a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria. She is a Human Rights lawyer and obtained her LLM with a specialization in Human Rights and Public International Law
- Ruona Onakpoya who is an advocate of prevention of women trafficking hopes to encourage and help young women to thrive in all aspects of their careers through Caf4g which is a platform Aimed primarily at empowering young girls in Nigeria and in Africa in Information technology.
- She has worked in private Law firms in Nigeria and a high Court and Magistrates’ court in Lagos and Bauchi states, Nigeria.
- She has written papers on The Law against trafficking in women and (persons) generally; Victims support and protection of vulnerable persons (witnesses) in court cases; and on Child Labour Laws in Nigeria.
- CAF4G is designed to help female millennials to have access to information that will help them grow in the areas of their chosen careers through IT, which is a very important cause, seeing as women have the power to change the course of any nation if they are made to understand their true value and every stereotype is broken. I have always believed that women have the potential to be great once given the right platform such as this.